This is our HIM System. HIM stands for HARDNESS, IRON AND MANGANESE. This one tank system often can be used in applications where iron levels are high enough to call for a separate iron filter than water softener.
If you have high levels of iron and calcium in your well water our HIM System can often save you a great deal of money as in most cases it is a fraction of the cost compared to two tank systems.
What is does: This system will completely remove the calcium (hardness), iron and maganesse from your water. Uses a process called ion exchange and does use salt to regenerate. You simply turn it on and forget about it. It works with low and high PH. This unit is tannin friendly.
This unit comes standard with THE CLACK “I-S” Valve and turbulator that allows for more functionality when compared with the standard Clack WS1 valve or other valve systems on the market today.
The turbulator allows the valve to clean the resin by agitating the resin in the backwash and rinse cycles. This allow the valve to filter out more calcium etc and last much longer than without.
Most Important Feature: The Clack Valve was developed and designed for Ultra-fast disassembly, service and repair without tools or special training for easy field service and support. 99% of the repairs or modification can be done easily by anyone with the right phone support. This one feature separates it from all the valves currently being sold.
To learn more about THE CLACK “I-S” Valve click here
IMPORTANT NOTE – This unit only requires 2 gallons of water per minute to back wash due to the low weight media bed. Most homes, especially older ones can only produce 5 to 6 gallon a minute. In older homes or homes with low water flow the lifespan of similar units (not mine) will be dramatically shortened.
MEDIA: SPECIALIZED Resin for hardness, iron and manganese removal
– Uses minimal amount of salt to regenerate.
– Low weight media uses 70% less water in backwash.
– Low maintenance / turn it on once and forget about it.
– Media Life Expectancy / essentially UNLIMITED and is TANNIN friendly
– Flows from 3 to 20 gallons per minute based on filter size
– High flow control valve for more efficient back washing cycles
– Costs less than $2.00 per year to operate on 12 volts (standard plug)
– Complete calcium, iron and manganese removal.
– Uses much less compared to other models.
– Includes a turbulator to enhance efficiencies and life expectancy.
– Because the media used is light it required less water to backwash and clean and should require you to upgrade your pump to meet the water demand.
– Regenerate less frequently than traditional water softeners using up to 50% less water and salt.
– Meter Immediate, Meter Delayed, Meter with Day Override, Vacation and Calendar Clock mode
– Adjustable cycle times
– Unique bypass with an integrated space saving turbine meter and sample port on the inlet. One-piece design avoids meter jamming
– Time saving quick connect fittings on bypass
– NSF Certified
– Pipe Size External To Connect – 1″ or 3/4″ or 1/2′”
Choosing the right media is VERY important. The quality of resin can go from extremely poor to extremely good. The quality of the resin will allow it to filter out more and better and ensure a long life expectancy. Poor quality resin is found often in systems that are purchased at retail stores where they are designed to last 3 to 5 years.
We come across a lot of retail water softeners that say they are able to remove high levels of iron as well. Please don’t believe this as we receive many calls from people who have purchased these systems asking us to help them with their units because they don’t seem to be working properly. Unfortunately we can not help them as the units themselves are unable to filter out iron after a range of 0.5 ppm.